While browsing on Chrome/Mozilla/Edge you might have seen the http status code 404 error or 404 page nor found. So what is this? Why it occurs and how we can fix it?
Let’s look for http status code 404 and see how you can resolve it quickly to make your website or the web page live and up to date. But before to continue firstly checkout what this error code is?
Table of Contents
What is http status code 404 meaning
When a user attempts to access a web page that does not exist, the web server will typically respond with an http status code 404 error. The 404 status code, or “Not Found” error, means that the server cannot find the requested file or resource.
So it was like that something was there but now it is not available or you can’t reach it and hence you see 404 forbidden. This can be happened due to some reasons which I have discussed in next section.
What are the reasons of http status code 404
The http status code 404 means that the server could not find the requested resource. This can happen for a number of reasons, including but not limited to. We are going to highlight some possible scenario why 404 http status code occurs…
- The resource may have been moved or deleted.
- The URL may have been entered incorrectly.
- May be the page is private and only admin can access it.
How to fix http status code 404
If you’re seeing a 404 error when trying to access a website, it means that the site is not available or cannot be found. There are a few things you can do to try and fix this problem:
- Check the URL of the site you’re trying to access. Make sure that it is spelled correctly and that there are no spaces or other characters in the URL.
- Try accessing the site from a different browser or device. Sometimes, browsers cache pages and can cause errors like this.
- If you’re still seeing a 404 error, it’s possible that the site is down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties. In this case, you’ll just need to wait until the site is back up and running.
- This could be due to private access and only admin can access it. So being a user if you would like to access that page then contact administrator.
- May be the page URL moved, so here you can ask for the right URL on the official Facebook page or you can email the admin.
Guys these would be some common reasons of http status code 404. Once everything is okay then the response code 200 will be activated and you will see the page on your browser.
If you’re still having trouble with http code 200 and getting 404 forbidden or page not found message, feel free to contact the site’s administrator for further assistance.