Updating Oculus Rift S drivers is an important step in troubleshooting issues with the device. In case if Rift s mic not working then this is the one of the best ways to fix the problem.
Here are the steps you can take to update the drivers for your Oculus Rift S:
- Go to the Oculus website and download the Oculus Setup software.
- Run the Oculus Setup software on your PC and select “Device Setup” from the menu.
- Connect your Oculus Rift S to your PC using the included USB and HDMI cables.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the drivers for your Oculus Rift S.
- Once the update is complete, restart your PC and Oculus Rift S.
Another way to update the drivers is to go to the website of your Graphics card and audio device manufacturers and download the latest drivers. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer (e.g. NVIDIA, AMD, Intel)
- Search for the latest driver for your graphics card model and operating system.
- Download the driver and save it to your PC.
- Close all open programs and disconnect the Oculus Rift S from your PC.
- Double-click the downloaded driver file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Restart your PC and Oculus Rift S.
Note: The Oculus Rift S uses integrated audio, so you don’t need to update your audio driver. Updating graphics card driver is enough.
It’s also worth noting that updating your graphics card driver can also fix other issues with the Oculus Rift S, such as performance problems or display issues.