Oculus rift s microphone quality is excellent but sometimes it has been seen that Rift s mic not working. So what are the reasons, why it happens and how you can fix it?
Well we are here to help you!!
We have figured out a number of reasons and worked on the solutions too. So if you are encountering with Rift s mic not working issue then check the below given tips to fix it now!
Table of Contents
Rift s mic not working – 5 Solutions to Fix it
There are several reasons why the microphone on the Oculus Rift S may not be working properly. But we are going to highlight about some of the common causes that are…
- Incorrect microphone settings: Make sure that the microphone is turned on and set as the default device in the Oculus app.
- Outdated drivers: Make sure your graphics card and audio drivers are up-to-date.
- Hardware issues: If the microphone is properly connected and the settings are correct, the problem may be with the hardware.
How to Fix?
To fix the Rift s mic not working, you can try the following solutions. We have researched a lot on number of tech blogs, read the experts’ opinions, watched videos on YouTube and here’s what we got…
- Check the connection: Ensure that the microphone is properly connected to the headset. If the point is bit loose then just fix it or oculus rift s microphone replacement would be the last option!!
- Check the settings: Go to the settings menu in the Oculus app and make sure the microphone is turned on and set as the default device. You can check for the same settings on the different handset.
- Update drivers: Visit the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card and audio drivers and download the latest versions. if the problem is due to rift s drivers then it will fixed instantly.
- Restart the device: Try restarting the Oculus Rift S and your PC to see if that fixes the problem. Sometimes it is due to cache, so a restart will fix it.
- Contact Oculus Support: If the problem persists, contact Oculus customer support for further assistance. They may be able to diagnose the problem and offer a solution or they may need to repair or replace the headset.
It’s important to note that before you start troubleshoot, make sure to check that your PC’s operating system and Oculus software are up-to-date and that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the Oculus Rift S.
With these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to get your microphone working properly and enjoy all the features that your Oculus Rift S has to offer.